Make sure to protect your smile this holiday season. If you eat all the sweets and treats that bombard us this time of year, coupled with lax oral health care habits, your mouth could be in for an unpleasant surprise. Don’t fall victim to any dental failures by your inactions this holiday season. Continually do your best to ensure your teeth and gums get the attention and care they deserve. Below are some of the questions to consider when caring for your health during the holidays:
- Have you been eating healthier, and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Mark D. Berard, DDS for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
- Have you been using brushing and flossing tools with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
Reach out to our team at Mark D. Berard, DDS to schedule your next visit with Dr. Mark Berard for your dental health care needs. You can call us at 616-392-2853 in Holland, Michigan today. Start and end the holiday season with a smile!